(1) To deepen an understanding of the issues, opportunities and complexities of urban farming through an exchange of stories, research and best practices information. Related to this, the workshop will enable a diversity of perspectives to be exchanged – forging linkages between the work of farmers, policy makers, food advocates and academics.
(2) To utilize the expertise present to collaboratively identify opportunities for urban farming to be advanced in Vancouver, and to name the associated priorities for action over the next few years.
Ways We’ll Get There…
- Gather together Vancouver’s urban farming stakeholders to further strengthen this growing network of urban food producers
- Share stories from other municipalities which have developed or are developing urban farming policies of their own
- Share results of 2010 Vancouver urban farming census
- Engage stakeholders in discussions of topics related to policy, land use, and best practices as they pertain to urban farming
- Generate appropriate and useful feedback to inform urban farming policy development for the City of Vancouver regarding urban farming